Thursday, May 24, 2007

Still kickin' / annoying birds

Wow, did I say this was going to be a daily blog? Hmmmm, might have to rethink that. I should probably change whenever I'll write to, "whenever I have an interesting story like a guy trying to race me a Popeye's Chicken."

But seriously, I'm still getting settled in and everything is just about where it was a few days ago in terms of newness. I started working on an interactive graphic about the New Orleans Hornets draft and who they might take, among other things that will be included along in the graphic.

This is definitely Saints city though, and I can't wait until football season gets closer so I can dig into a lot of Saints stuff. They are probably the most likable team outside of the Colts, in terms of good guys that play for them. And no one really cares about the NBA too much anymore, especially a team that hasn't even been in the city for the past two seasons since they've been away in Oklahoma City.

Moving along to hurricanes, as it was just predicted that there will be 3-5 major hurricanes this season, or something like that. Am I worried? Not really, it would be stupid to worry about something that hasn't happened yet. Am I a little anxious to see and be part of a hurricane? Yes, sort of. It's a morbid fixation to have, but part of me wants to live a hurricane...but not a huge ass one, just a tiny one that doesn't do shit, but still sort of gives me an idea of what they're like.

OK, now on to something I've needed to vent about. Has there ever been an animal in your life that when a noise comes out of it, you just want to grit your teeth and dance on glass shards so you pretend not to hear it? Yeah, that's what it's like every morning with this certain bird that seems to have populated the telephone wires outside my house.

This thing sounds like it has emphysema and has been smoking five packs a day for the last 50 years. Not only that, it as sounds like it has a speech impediment, only it coo's and cacks, so I guess a cooing and cacking impediment. And all of this sounds like it's being projected through a megaphone.

At 8 am.

Into my eardrums.

While I try to sleep.

When it's not drinking the dirty water on the side of the road, it's sole purpose in life is to annoy me. This is my morning...every morning.

editors note: it has come to light that I have a certain fan, a fan that I've known for awhile and that has endured many countless hours of nonsleep working on graphics with me, all while listening to German techno from the movie Super Troopers. I thank you Aimee, for being my one constant reader and probably my only reader. Thank you.

No comments: